The Christopher Douglas Hidden Angel Foundation was established with the sole purpose of enhance the lives of individuals with cognitive, emotional, and/or physical disabilities through the design, development and support of programs centered on multi sensory environments (MSE). It is our intention that MSE become an important practice to advance education, recreation, and therapy.
LEGAL NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
Your access to and continued use of the Christopher Douglas Hidden Angel Foundation (hereinafter HAF) website at http://www.cdhaf org (hereinafter the Site) constitutes your acceptance of and agreement with the following provisions. Each time you use the Site you signify your acceptance and agreement, and the acceptance and agreement of any person you purport to represent (and for these purposes, “person” includes natural persons and any type of incorporated or unincorporated entity), without limitation or qualification, to be bound by these provisions, and you represent and warrant that you have the legal authority to agree to and accept these provisions on behalf of yourself and any person you purport to represent. If you have not already done so, please take some time to familiarize yourself with these provisions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you should immediately discontinue any use of the Site. Also note that these terms and conditions may change from time to time and it is your responsibility to check for such updates. The last revision date for these terms and conditions is set forth below.
1. Reserved Rights and Grant of Limited License
Copyright 2006 by the Christopher Douglas Hidden Angel Foundation. All rights reserved. HAF either owns the intellectual property rights, including copyright, or has acquired the necessary licenses, in the information, including all text, HTML code, multimedia clips, images, graphics, icons, Java code, and the selection and arrangement of the contents of the Site (collectively the Information). Your use of the Web Site does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the Web Site or its content. As a user of the Site, you are granted a limited license to use (display or print) short extracts of the Information for your own personal non-commercial use only, provided the information is not modified and you shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from such use. Any other use of the information is prohibited. None of the information may be otherwise reproduced, republished or re]disseminated in any manner or form without the prior written consent of HAF.
2. No Endorsement
(1) The Site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided as references to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest. These other sites were independently developed by parties other than HAF, and HAF does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained at such sites. In providing links to other sites, HAF is in no way acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on those other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such sites. A link to another site should not be construed to mean that HAF is affiliated or associated with, or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites.
(2) The mention of another party or its product or service on the Site should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service.
3. Site Information
(1) Information provided on the Site is believed to be reliable when posted. However, HAF does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information provided. HAF assumes no obligation to update the Information or advice on further developments concerning topics mentioned. Information contained on the Site may contain typographical errors. Information provided may be changed without notice.
(2) HAF is not responsible for any content or information that you may find undesirable or objectionable.
(3) The information contained in the Site is presented for the purpose of educating consumers on wellness topics. Nothing contained in the Site is intended to be instructional for medical treatment. The information should not be considered complete, nor shall it be relied on to suggest a course of treatment for a particular individual. It should not be used in place of a visit, call, consultation or the advice of your qualified health care provider. The information obtained in the Site is not exhaustive and does not cover all diseases, ailments, physical conditions or the treatment. Should you have any health care related questions, please call or see your qualified health care provider promptly. Always consult with your qualified health care provider before embarking on a new treatment program. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read in the Site.
4. No Liability
CDHAF does not accept any liability for your use of the site. Your use of the site is at your own risk. The web site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, and including without limitation implied representations, warranties or conditions of title, non-infringement, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, performance, durability, availability, timeliness, accuracy, or completeness, all of which are hereby disclaimed by CDHAF to the fullest extent permitted by law. CDHAF will not under any circumstances be liable to you or any other person for any loss or damage arising from, connected with, or relating to the use of the site by you or any other person.
Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the Site may constitute trademarks, service marks or trade names of HAF or other entities. The display of any such marks or names on the Site does not imply that a license has been granted by HAF or other entities.
6. Confidentiality Warning
Absent the use of encryption, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet e-mail is vulnerable to interception and forging. HAF will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information that you make to HAF through the Internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorize HAF to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
7. Computer Viruses
While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided at the Site does not contain computer viruses, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items of information contained on your computer system. You should pay specific attention to some of the newer viruses that have been written to automatically execute when an infected word processing document is loaded into certain word processing programs.
8. Conformance with Law
(1) You agree that your use of the Site shall not violate any applicable local, national or international law, including but limited to any regulations having the force of law. Some jurisdictions may have restrictions on the use of the Internet by their residents.
(2) You agree not to impersonate another person in your use of the Site or the sending of any e-mail to an address listed on the Site.
9. Choice of Law
The laws of the State of Florida of the United States of America applicable therein shall govern as to the interpretation, validity and effect of these provisions notwithstanding any conflict of laws provisions or your domicile, residence or physical location. You consent and submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Florida in any action or proceeding instituted under or related to this agreement.
(1) All information submitted to the HAF via the Site shall be deemed and remain the property of the HAF and HAF shall be free to use, any ideas, concepts, know-how or other techniques contained in information provided to HAF through the Site or sent through e-mail for the purposes of operating HAF.
(2) You agree that any information submitted for inclusion at the Site does not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any third parties and you grant HAF a right to provide access to the information from the Site. You warrant that any software submitted to HAF shall be free of computer viruses.
By using the Site, you signify your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the following provisions. If you do not agree with these provisions, you may not use the Web Site.
(1) Like many other sites, the Site may automatically collect certain non-identifiable information regarding Site users. This non-identifiable information is used for Site and system administration purposes and to improve the Site and may be disclosed to others and permanently archived for future use. The Site may use “cookies” to permit the Site to recognize future visits using that computer.
(2) During your use of the Web Site, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information (such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number) for purposes such as facilitating communications. HAF may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, to respond to your inquiries, and as otherwise permitted by law. HAF will consider the fact that you have voluntarily visited the Site to signify your consent for HAF to use your contact Information for purposes of tracking our communications with you and providing you with information.
(3) HAF may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where HAF has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to protect HAF’s rights and property.
12. Other Matters
If any provision is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from the rest of this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The provisions of this agreement will enure to the benefit of and be binding upon each of HAF and its successors and assigns and related persons, and you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors, permitted assigns, and personal representatives. You may not assign this agreement or your rights and obligations under this Agreement without the express prior written consent of HAF which may be withheld in HAF’s sole discretion. HAF may assign this agreement and its rights and obligations under this agreement without your consent.
No consent or waiver by either party to or of any breach or default by the other party in its performance of its obligations under any provisions this agreement will be deemed or construed to be a consent to or waiver of a continuing breach or default or any other breach or default of those or any other obligations of that party. No consent or waiver will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.
This Agreement, including any changes made to this Agreement from time to time, constitutes the entire agreement between you and HAF relating to your use of the Site, and supersedes all previous agreements, written, oral or otherwise, between you and HAF with respect to your use of the Site.
The provisions of this Agreement will enure to the benefit of and be binding upon each of HAF and its successors and assigns and related persons, and you and your heirs, executors, administrators, successors, permitted assigns, and personal representatives. You may not assign this Agreement or your rights and obligations under this Agreement without the express prior written consent of HAF which may be withheld in HAF’s sole discretion. HAF may assign this Agreement and its rights and obligations under this Agreement without your consent.
No consent or waiver by either party to or of any breach or default by the other party in its performance of its obligations under this Agreement will be deemed or construed to be a consent to or waiver of a continuing breach or default or any other breach or default of those or any other obligations of that party. No consent or waiver will be effective unless in writing and signed by both parties.
HAF 2006. All rights reserved. This Site is owned by the Hidden Angel Foundation, Inc, and the Christopher Douglas Hidden Angel Foundation who has no liability for any content whatsoever on or related to this website, except as set forth in the terms and conditions.